Thursday, February 9, 2017

Machine Applique or Vinyl...you choose

Last Year I purchased A Kimberbell Valentine, Vol 1  but I never had enough time to make anything.  So this year I pulled it out again and I am trying to decide whether I want to do machine appliqué or heat transfer vinyl.  That is the best part with the Craft N Cut software, I can do either one! This CD is from 2014 and was not including SVG files at the time, but I can now create a SAVE2CUT format and create one!

Open a >NEW file and then>OPEN and find your machine design where you have saved it.  In my case, the CD was in my D drive and I selected the 5 x 7 cupcake design.  Be sure to select >CONVERT TO CURVES or you will not be able to convert it to ARTWORK.


Hold down the Control key and select the Indian Ocean color - these are the three placement lines for the liner, frosting and heart. Then>COPY and >PASTE in a >NEW file.



Select All or Crtl + A and then select >ARTWORK.

I prefer to separate the designs and re-color them to match my preferred color. Then Select>SAVE2CUT.  Don't forget to save it as a WAF file as well.  If you are going to use Heat Transfer Vinyl be sure to MIRROR the image before you SAVE2CUT!

Then open up the SAVE2CUT files in your machine's software and cut out the designs.  I like to save both in one file and then just drag one off the mat when cutting out the shapes. 


I hope I have inspired you to give it a try!  I need to go shopping before I can cut this out.  First store - Adeline's Closet!






No comments:

Post a Comment