Saturday, April 21, 2018

I LOVE everything about Shibori!

If you are a fan a fabric dyeing or anything blue, you will love this month's kit Shibori.

I started with a technique that was posted on Hetty's blog here. Since I have been crafting now for almost 20 years, I have doodled in my life more than once. :)  what caught my eye was the background paper she created on these cards and I worked hard to try and recreate them.

Using my Brusho Prussian Blue from Stampin' Up, I splattered the paper and spritzed it with water.



I then added the stamped images from the set using Night of Navy and the retiring Dapper Denim inks.

I was pretty pleased with my final design.  Now it was time to cut it up!


Club Scrap just released Idea Deck 5 in a digital format and you can find the post here.  I love everything digital as it sure does eliminate the clutter and is so much easier to find!  But I do like to print them off as I use them.

For this month's challenge, I used the 2 of Hearts, a card design and created a few cards with the formula.




I added accents with some white Close to My Heart brads and swirls, washi tape and a key from the G2G Lock and Key.  I did have fun but it has taken me days to wash the blue ink from my hands!  Oh well- the hazards of a creative mind.



5 comments:

  1. These turned out great, Adeline! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done! Your cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blig, Adeline and have to look around. You did agreat job on these cards with the color burst. I hope your hands are not blue anymore😜

    ReplyDelete