Friday, June 1, 2018

Club Scrap Lavender Fields Linky Party

Some days life is not a bowl of cherries!  It is a bouquet of lavender! The month of May was quite hectic for me but I was able to create this pretty awesome card (IMHO) to celebrate one of my favorite herbs and essential oils. 




I was also able to create a wreath of lavender following the technique featured by Jennifer McGuire here. I made my template from stencil plastic using my Pazzles digital cutter. It was a 4 inch square and then a copy of a 4 inch square rotated 45 degrees. I then welded the designs into one.  This is an easy design to create in any digital cutter program.  Why not give it a try?

Next I positioned it onto my Stampin' Up Stamparatus but a Misti will work as 
well.

I wanted it to be straight so I added the grid paper from the Misti to make sure it was straight.

I then cut a 4 x 4 inch piece of paper and started stamping my design into a wreath using Club Scrap Amethyst ink pads - the perfect color for this design.


Notice my paper is rotated at 45 degrees. The idea is to rotate the paper by the shape of the template.  I hope that makes sense!  It does look weird at first but when you have rotated all of the paper it does create a circle.  I then cut the square down to 3 inches and added the purple mat to accent the digital background of the lavender fields paper pack. I added 'Congrats' and some twine and bling and viola! it was done.

The lavender background is the perfect setting for this card, but step back and a host of others are there to welcome this design.


This was actually a challenging technique but I was up for it! After multiple attempts, I will call this a success


Stop back soon for additional inspiration but more importantly - enjoy SPRING!







5 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, and thanks for sharing a step by step description of how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really amazing to see that it actually formed a circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adeline, the use of your homemade stencil to line things up is just brilliant. What a gorgeous end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I've wanted to make my own template after watching Jennifer's video. I'm going to have to cut it by hand though. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am itching to try another circular design!

    ReplyDelete