Monday, February 6, 2017

264 Free Designs by Hope Yoder

Congratulations in successfully loading the software onto your computer!  The next step is to load the 264 free designs into the software because we will be using one of her heart designs for my pillow project.

Watch this video for the step-by-step process.




    Select the heart shape from the Hope Yoder Library



I did not change the size of the design.  Use the TRANSFORM screen to change the size of your heart, if you want to make it larger or smaller.


The next step is to change both the black and purple heart to an appliqué shape.  I changed the satin stitch width to 3.5"


I also changed the thread colors to match my fabric choices.

I changed the red heart to a rhinestone design and left the inner pink heart for a heat transfer vinyl application.  It is easy to change the artwork shape to a rhinestone shape with just one click!  I have hot fix crystals in 10ss, so I left it at that size but I enlarged the spacing to 1.75 for a better cut.


The last step was to save the files to Save to Cut, WAF format and my machine's format.


Why not give this lesson a try? Tomorrow I will show you how I cut out the heart shapes using my Silhouette Cameo and how they stitched out.















No comments:

Post a Comment